Friday, July 25

moving with the times

hello,
time flies, doesn't it?
or, do we - while time stands still & smiles as we pass... in our fine frenzy, missing subtle signals to stop or slow down for just a while?
have I only been dreaming?
have I really been living?-----what has happened may have just occurred - but I want it to count for something, in this no-time, so that in the reality of eternity I may be welcomed as more than a traveller and be named a runner for the very precious prize.-----my goals may not be realized as I imagine now; nor will they ever be possible to win on my own -- but I may, in throwing down my dressing of depression and my dripping pride, attain something worthwhile if only I press on, press on, and resolve ~not in presumptuous planning or daring feats~ to rest and to begin
enjoying that quiet restin-----in your embrace... your timeless gaze... your beauty getting in between my toes; your unfathomable love saturating my soul's searching, hoping gasps for air.-----you are my longing fulfilled; you are my soldier in the night & fountain of laughter during the day... even when I feel crabby and uninhabitable - you're there, in the midst of it all.-----thanks, Lord. Jesus, you're my perch, my words, my life...what do I have that is not from and in you?-----something tells me that this is just the beginning of enjoying resting - of not only waiting, but of smiling, looking up...
you are where my help comes from, Maker of the heavens & the earth (that doesn't leave much to claim glory by, does it?). thank you for being beyond and yet through everything we know and exist to proclaim. may we reach for something higher than ourselves; may we glory in knowing you -- not just our own interpretation of your works!
-------there's nothing that can be said apart from the words & breath you give us; there has never been an author apart from your inspiration or gifiting; there will never be another who can rightly claim all of the universe as his/her own.-----thank you for remaining the same, in the middle of all this pudgy pride and rude self-pity of mine. Keep me safe but not too sheltered to enjoy a good rainsoak. It's in your presence that I find life, and life more abundant.... full of wonder, and of my failings - honesty and creativity being found while letting you unleash your unpredictable love in my life.-----it's wonderful in a way to have brokenness if only because you are aching to help me up & make me whole again... to make me yours during this struggle of being still - and to remain your child even after Time goes by forever!

1 comment:

Allison said...

time is doing what it's supposed to - are we? ;)