Friday, September 26

letting go of being God

heavy eyelids, aching bones,
sighing yawns & wistful tones
finding sorrow in so much
letting go of each old crutch
of my fears; so free to be,
free to carry, free to leave
all my worries at your door,
dropping tears to see you more
softened in love's reality
flinging down the apathy
once reserved for my own fate
a child restored, out of my crate.
touching Grace, I find a will
to step beyond the frightening thrill,
loosened from the haunting past
to find I hear your voice at last
a daring, mighty, deep-set sense:
you are Sovereign, regardless
of my darting, flighty tricks
-adolescent in this fix-
showing off my pride to you
tripping over all you do
wanting always to appear
less fragile: God's own peer!?
thank you, Lord, for making new
days that open hearts to you
exposing self-embedded lies
freeing us of filthy ties
starting a fresh work in us
Faithful, True from dawn to dusk
amazing Father - truly how
you know and love us, even now.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i struggle with this so much. letting go and letting God... i confuse humility with honesty; i get addicted to hearing my own thoughts... it's scary. i'm scared of never truly knowing him. thank you for thoughts like these that help keep me on track allie. i love you! em.