Wednesday, October 15

I Will Show You

He says, she says... the story goes:
Ready for an adventure?
No, not really.
How about a time of growth and reflection?
No thanks.

Another chance to embrace strangers and moments to learn with your family?
Nah - I really think I've learned all I can; I'm already feeling stretched.

Well, then... it seems we are at an impass.
All I want to give you is so beautiful, but it is always wrapped in something unpredictable: I'm intentionally proving to you my creativity, my love, and my unchanging purposes in every action and gift. just receive it!
Each day, open up to new opportunities in the familiar, tragic, chaos, or the unexpected.
I am always here for you, but I am not always as you see me or wish me to be. 
I am more than paper and ink can speak and much, much more than your imagination can guess at. 


Just trust! I am here, I am revealing myself to you, my child - my own kin! You are not alone... you are just afraid (you don't have to be).
I love you. come away from your selfish ambitions and rest in my affection and intentions.


You will be amazed, and probably undone in a good way, as I unveil my master plan. 
You will see only if you believe past the book,
past the spoken prayers, past the religious looks and the pats on the back you give yourself.
Allison, I am here for you and you are not looking!


You are aware of the confusion but not of my sovereignty; you are looking at the chaos not my authority and will to restore perfect peace for those who seek me.
I will show you the path of life, my dear friend, and you will see me when you awaken from your selfish/scared slumber and find me waiting here for you, as I always have been.


Here, now take my hand, and let me lead you home day by day... I wish to open my heart to you and let you peek inside, and be changed.
You will see, it's better this way - that I lead, and that you follow -- closely. I want you near, and I will hold you, if you let me!
OK, I see your point now, Jesus... and I am ready ... 
not really, but help me let go and meet with you.
Thanks for waiting for me :)


No comments: